Thursday, November 1, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 31. " How much do you Love "

" Love the Lord your God, with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength " Deuteronomy 6:5 Q. How do you live out your love for God? Life is a continuing journey, and practically living out our love for God evolves as we travel along with Him. Love progresses through many stages. In the beginning it's full of excitement and anticipation. With our new found love of God we are zealous evangelists telling anyone who will listen, and even those who won't, about Him. Moving on into the period of stabilisation , we begin to learn about Him, to understand and get to know Him better. Reading the Word and developing a lifestyle with Him, learning to communicate with Him. Many of us will go through a period where our love is tested. Difficult times may come our way where we must choose to hold tightly to that love or we allow it to slip away. Some, may fall in love with Him all over again. And then we arrive at the place of knowing, He is definitely the one. He is always there no matter what, we are altogether lovely enough for Him just as we are, warts and all. He knows us inside and out, there is nothing we can do that will make Him not love us, absolutely nothing. My life needs to be a reflection of how much God loves me. I love because He first loved me. If I can encourage those around me, help others to feel comfortable , accepted and valued then I am sharing what He has given to me. Life's sojourn and love are a journey full of obstacles but my purpose is to "Love God, my God, with my whole heart; love Him with all that's in me, love Him with all I've got." The Message Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment