Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Lasting Love

by SistasInArms on Wednesday, July 27, 2011 at 5:16pm
As I was out walking today I passed by a lovely older couple, I'm guessing they were in their late 70's, early 80's strolling slowly along. My heart skipped a beat, a feeling of longing passed over me as I soaked in the picture of these strangers. Grey hair, slightly stooped in posture, each stride small and measured, but that's not what captured my heart..........Hands clasped tightly as these two lovers gazed into one anothers eyes, totally immersed in the moment, oblivious to me as I passed by. How blessed I was to have witnessed such a scene of devotion and deep love, it was just so obvious, I could feel it.
 Straight away my thoughts then wandered to my husband and I. Would we be so lucky as to grow old together, to still be passionately in love in our twilight years? Will he still be enamoured with me and I with him?
 I didn't ponder too long on this thought.........I already knew the answer........yes.
 Love would never be in doubt, it's the growing old bit that we have no control over. My heart tells me we"ll grow old gracefully together, but what if ? Again my heart skipped a beat........." I have loved ( and will love ) you with an everlasting love ".
 A peace settled softly over me as I continued to walk and meditate upon that promise. I will always be loved, no matter where my life's journey takes me.
 How beautiful that my God wants me to know this, and He wants you to know this too, precious Sistas. This promise is for each and every one of His daughters. Reach out, grasp hold, and take these words, store them in your heart, draw on them in times of pain and trial that they may bring you comfort and peace.
  You are loved with an everlasting love
Lxx

1 comment:

  1. Oh I just love your header..it is so bright and eye catching.. great post..
    Have a blessed day..

    ReplyDelete