Monday, October 15, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 14. "Time To Fess Up "

" Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. " Psalm 139:23-24 Q. How often do you ask God to show you the sin in your life, and to lead you away from it? Is this something you can pray today? Asking for the less desirable aspects of our behaviour to be pointed out is probably not on the top of most people's prayer lists. Oh we pray for others who are struggling with sin, we ask God to fix our woes, to change those around us and to bless our endeavours. But how often do we say " God, search the deepest part of me, bring to the surface and expose my short comings. Make me aware of the things in my life that do not please you." It takes courage to face our offences and obedience to follow the path to eternal life. Thing is, He knows what we are like, He knows what we do and will struggle with. He asks that we confess it, and then grace takes over and He leads us forwards. To pray every day " Lord show me where I can do better, and help me to do it ", knowing that he has been both behind us and prepared the way before us, can only lead to wonderful things. For His thoughts about me are precious and innumerable . How awesome is that ! Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment