Monday, October 8, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 8

"UNFORCED RHYTHMS" I love today's verse, it's one of my favourites. Matthew 11:28,30 "Come to me , all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.......For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." I especially love The Message version of this passage, it has spoken so clearly to me on many an occasion . "Are you tired?Worn out?Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me- watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." It's interesting that today's question is- How would you explain what it's like to follow Jesus to someone who doesn't know Him yet? Why, because I think this verse has it in a nut shell. Life and all it's expectations, commitments and ups and downs, can really wear you out. The confines of religion and its zealots can become a deterrent and distraction. Jesus offers me a place of real renewal, He offers me a way to real rest and life as intended. He knows what I need and what I can handle, and He doesn't expect of me any more than He equips me for. He knows my heart, He knows my thoughts , He knows my dreams, He accepts me and His grace continuously flows no matter where I'm at. The more that I get to know Him, the deeper my relationship develops with Him, the better my ability to navigate all that life throws my way becomes. He's always there, He never changes and I will never be turned away from His presence. Following Jesus isn't meant to be complicated, it's quite simple really, look to Him and He'll change your life. You can leave all your baggage behind, no matter what it is. Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment