Monday, October 8, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words-Day 5

" Do I REALLY have too?" "But if you are willing to listen, I say , love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. Pray for the happiness of those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you." Luke 6:27-28 NLT Q. Are there people in your life that you find difficult to love, and what will you pray and do for them in response to this challenging verse ? Well I 'd be telling a lie if I said no. I think we all have THOSE people in our life. The ones we avoid spending time with or can barely tolerate. Usually because of some offence that has happened in the past. But if you knew what they have done to me you wouldn't be asking me to love them! Every time I see her she says something derogatory! "To you who are READY for the truth. I say this. Love your enemies. Let them bring out the best in you, not the worst. When someone gives you a hard time, respond with the energies of prayer for that person." The Message You've got to be kidding, that is possibly the last thing I'm going to feel like doing. I know I'm not the only one thinking this, and that is why this is an challenging verse, it goes against all our natural instincts. But it is possible, we have to be WILLING and READY to FORGIVE. Sometimes it is a really tall order but that is why we are told to pray. Imagine if we not only prayed for those who have offended us, but also treated them with kindness, a smile costs nothing, nor does a kind word. I want to share the best of me, because that's the part of me that bares witness to His goodness and His love. Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment