Friday, October 19, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 18. "The D Word"

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the centre of your life." Philippians 4:6-7 The Message Q. What are you anxious about today? When, what and how should we deal with our anxieties? Anxiety and depression, many of us are familiar with the debilitating consequences of these afflictions. As Christians we often suffer alone and in silence, because we are supposed to have Jesus in our life, how can this be possible, and those who have not walked in this cloud just do not understand, often judging those who do as being weak or of little faith. I have walked under this cloud, experienced the loneliness and isolation. I was angry with God, angry that He had allowed the circumstances to which I bore. Angry that people in my life faded from sight. The events which brought this about were significant, traumatic and I lost sight of Jesus. I looked to my own strength which was never going to be enough, anxiety and worry took the place of prayer and praise. It truly is wonderful when Jesus displaces worry at the centre of your life. Emerging from the darkness was a choice, in order to deal with it I had to make a conscious decision to place my trust in Him. Philippians 4:8-9 says it beautifully, "Summing it all up friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious - the best, not the worst, the beautiful not the ugly, things to praise not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realised. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies." The Message Circumstances may or may not change, but it is a choice as to how we manage them. To purposefully choose His most excellent harmonies, to live beyond our feelings and in His reality. It's not easy and I still struggle at times, but I am learning to cast ALL of my cares upon the One who will always be more than enough. Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment