Monday, October 8, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 4

LET YOUR LIGHT BE A WELCOMING ONE Today's verse is Matthew 5:14&16. I often like to read The Message Bibles interpretation and that is what I'll share today. To me it really speaks into our time in history. "Here's another way to put it. You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colours in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you ? I'm putting you on a light stand- shine! Keep open house, be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven" Q. How are you endeavouring to be a light, to be an example of who God is? There are different types of light that shine, warning lights that say stay away, danger, lights that say caution, and lights that shine to invite you to a happening place. I've met many Christians who are emitting a danger and caution signal, that's not the light I want to be. It's all about how we live! Are we generous and welcoming, prepared to make real connections with people, as opposed to Sunday superficial, because people see right through that sort of behaviour. I want to be the light that shines and says " this is who I am, what you see is what you get, I'm real, I'm genuine, I'll have time for you, and when you ask why I am different, I'll tell you it's because of my generous Father in heaven" Put it out on a stand, be the happening place that draws others in, a welcoming light. If all you have to offer is a genuine heart, then that is more than enough. Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment