Monday, October 8, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words- Day 3

WHERE DO YOU PLACE YOUR PRIORITIES? Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed. Mark 1:35 Q. When Jesus was busy, focused on His work and in demand, what does He take time out to do? How does this impact you? This was a time where Jesus was certainly in high demand. He was healing the sick, healing troubled spirits, preaching and traveling, a very hectic and busy time. He didn't whinge and bemoan about how little time he had, He didn't make excuses, He prioritised, He rose early in the morning to spend time in relationship with The Father. The most important part of His day, time out to re-energise, equipping Himself for the task ahead. How often do I barrel into the day, taking on all my tasks with an low battery? Lately, well actually for quite a while, just about every day. How can I expect to navigate my day if I haven't prepared, prepared spiritually, spent time in relationship with the One who will carry me through. The periods in my life where I have been diligent in doing this, rising a little earlier, having a cuppa and spending some me time with God have proven to be the most inspirational. Life wasn't necessarily easier, but manageable. There was an underlying strength and resilience to face whatever was thrown my way. I am so thankful to be re-discovering that again. Lxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment