Saturday, October 20, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words-Day 19. "Goals....Earthly or Eternal?"

" Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honour at God's right hand"  Colossians 3:1 Q. What difference does Jesus make to the goals of your life; to what you are looking forward to and working towards? For me Jesus changed my whole perspective as to what was the purpose of my life. As a mother , a wife, a friend. I became passionately aware of social justice issues, my heart enlarged. Sometimes I find it's a little overwhelming. The realities of heaven and what that means not only for me but for those in my world, I am sometimes lost in the enormity of it all. My goal as a mother is that my children would know His love and know Him personally , as a wife that I would be all that He meant for me to be to my husband, to those in my world ; that they would see Him in me. That my life would not just be about what I achieve in the worlds eyes. I want to make a difference of eternal consequence. What will my felt benefit be? Will I be known as one who loves unconditionally, who is compassionate, honest, trustworthy and faithful in all that I do! "Let the message about Christ in all it's richness fill your lives.............And whatever you do or say, do it as representatives of The Lord Jesus......" 16,17. If we allow these principles to permeate all aspects of our lives, how can our goals be anything other than those of eternal value and purpose. " The things of earth shall grow strangely dim, in the light of His Glory and Grace " Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment