Monday, October 22, 2012

Live Light in 25 Words -Day 21. " TRUST"

" Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do and He will show you which path to take"  Proverbs 3:5-6 Q. How can you lean on God more, trust Him with all your heart, and "submit to Him in all your ways"? Trusting can be one of the hardest things to do. I know this has been one of the most difficult lessons I've had to learn. Often our experience with trust comes through being let down by people. But God isn't people, I struggled with separating Him from those who had disappointed me, especially Christians. I leant on my own understanding, seeing and feeling the temporal. I missed the path because I wasn't looking to Him. When you trust someone emphatically, where ever they lead you will follow even if you are unsure. "Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do and everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track" The Message Instead of going to others with my problems, or searching their experience for advice, I need to go to Him first and He will bring wisdom across my way. The world says that you must earn ones trust, prove that you are worthy to be trusted. If this were so then God certainly fits the bill as one to be trusted. He is the only one who will never let us down, never fail us. He is faithful to His word and to those who love Him. Leaning on Him, and handing Him my burdens is an daily exercise, but the peace that comes with trusting Him surpasses our earthly understanding. Lxx

No comments:

Post a Comment